Friday, May 25, 2018

What is stress? What do you think.....?



AAnswer these questions, please

1- Could you write down the top seven causes of stress in the U.S.A?

2- Do you think that this situation is the same in Argentina?
3- What makes you feel stressed?
4- What do you do not to feel stressed?
5. What are the main sources of stress?
6- How does stress affect our bodies?
7. How can people deal with stress?

B) Give some advice and then express probability.

For example:
I think you should....../ If I were you I would........Why don´t you........? If you..........you will / can.........

1) I´m tired because I have to travel more than an hour to go to work.

2) I have terrible headaches and digestive problems.
3)  All my co-workers are gossiping all the time. I don´t feel comfortable at work.
4)  I have a lot of work. I don´t have any time to do anything.
5) I am not motivated. My boss doesn´t pay any attention to my work.
6) I have three Whatsapp groups. I receive more than 100 messages per day.

2 comments:

  1. Sofía Michelle ChungMay 31, 2018 at 10:13 AM

    A)
    1- The top seven causes of stress in the USA are job pressure, relationships, health related, money, poor nutrition, media overload and sleep issues.
    2- Yes, I do.
    3- Tests at university and deadlines at work make me feel stressed. There are other situations in which I feel stressed too such as arguing with my family, overload of responsibilities, situations where I can´t handle them, etc.
    4- Actually, I don´t do anything not to feel stressed. However, when I´m VERY stressed, I usually meditate, but I´d like to exercise to feel less stressed. Hanging out with friends and spending time with my mom also make me feel less stressed.
    5- The main sources of stress are showing physical symptoms, fighting with people close to them and being under stress at work.
    6- Stress can cause major problems including anxiety, depression, headaches, digestive issues, heart problems, weight gain, sleep issues and memory and concentration issues.
    7- Some of the activities that people can do to deal with stress are exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, make time for relaxation and fun, spend more time with positive people, cut down on caffeine, alcohol, energy drinks and sugar consumption, get quality sleep and get professional help

    B)
    1) Why don´t you try sleeping during the journey to work?
    2) I think you should visit your doctor.
    3) You don´t have to pay attention to what they say. If you concentrate on what you are doing at work, you won´t have time to listen to them and you will feel more comfortable.
    4) If there´s a will, there´s a way! It´s very important to organize your time properly.
    5) I believe that the key of motivation it´s on each one. You should put some small goals at work and as you reach them, it will turn you on.
    6) If I were you, I would turn off the notifications.

    ReplyDelete